From time to time, it may be necessary to update your license in SaltStack Enterprise or to upgrade your license from a trial license to a full license. The steps are the same for each.
First you will need to receive your updated license from Support. If you have not received your new license, please open a ticket by emailing SaltStack Support at firstname.lastname@example.org, or login to the Support Portal at https://help.saltstack.com/. Your license will be emailed to you as a ZIP archive.
- Extract the raas.license file from ZIP archive.
- Upload the extracted raas.license to your SaltStack Enterprise server using rsync, scp, or other file copy tool.
- Make a backup of the old license key file in
/etc/raas/raas.licensefor your records.
- Place the file in the
/etc/raasdirectory. Note that this will overwrite any existing license file.
- If you are using SaltStack Enterprise 6.0 or later you will need to make sure the file is owned by the user and group raas with the following command:
chown raas:raas /etc/raas/raas.license
- For security, you may also need to modify permissions on the file:
chmod 640 /etc/raas/raas.license
- Stop and start the raas daemon:
systemctl stop raas
systemctl start raas
- Check in
/var/log/raas/raasfor any startup issues, or use the following command:
systemctl status raas
If there is an issue with the license this should be logged to
/var/log/raas/raas. You should check the log file to ensure the RaaS daemon is running. If you continue to experience issues with your license, please contact SaltStack Support immediately.