SaltStack Enterprise 5.5.1 was released January 16, 2019.
For Downloads and Installation instructions please go to the following link and use your SaltStack Support Portal credentials.
Evaluation Period is 14 Days
SaltStack Enterprise (SSE) has a native licensing mechanism.
An installation of SSE without a License Key-File (LKF) is an Evaluation-Installation. The evaluation period of SSE without a LKF is 14 days.
At day 14, an installation of SSE that does not have a LKF applied to it will stop running.
Upon the application of a LKF to an Evaluation-Installation of SSE, the configured Evaluation-Installation will resume operation as a Licensed instance of SSE for the period defined in the LKF.
Key Known Issue
- When connecting a master to SaltStack Enterprise, if the master has minions with keys in multiple states (accepted, rejected, pending, or denied) then the master will not properly connect to and sync with SaltStack Enterprise. Cleaning your keys and ensuring you have only a single key for each minion will allow the master to connect properly.
systemctl restart raasmay leave old SaltStack Enterprise processes running and prevent the newly started instance from functioning correctly. For best results, restart with the following instead. (see download page for workaround)
- Incompatibility between SSE-5.3 with 2018.3.x custom Pillar data
- This issue does not exist for users of SSE-5.4 or future releases.
- If one is using SSE-5.3 and upgrades Open-Salt to 2018.3.x pillar data in SSE will fail to operate.
- The remediation to this issue is to upgrade to SSE-5.4.